Mr Vikas Agrawal, hosted an exclusive webinar with the honourable guest Mr Romit Barat. Mr. Vikas Agrawal is the Founder & CEO of AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd. Mr. Romit Barat is the Co-Owner & Partner of Akta Capital Advisers LLP.
The host and the webinar guest discussed a lot of things. They discussed investors’ panic, a market condition during COVID-19, growth factors, the gap between financial advisers’ activity and investors’ act, etc
About AIF & PMS Experts
As AIF & PMS Experts, we have envisioned fostering long-term wealth creation for our clients by fostering confidence in governance, ensuring transparency, and facilitating long-term asset growth. Our many products, analytics, and tools are essential to our business and help us achieve our goals.
We are genuine believers in India’s development potential. We understand the significance of investments as a driver of economic growth. And our Founder, Mr Vikas Agrawal, exemplifies this belief by being extremely passionate about decoding the strengths and untangling the complexities of enterprises and company management.
His vast expertise, particularly in Alternative Investing, has given him a unique perspective on the economy. It allows us to tap into a hitherto unexplored market and establish effective investing methods.
Portfolio Management Services, Mutual Funds, Structured Products, Investment Advisory, Wealth Management, Private Banking, Financial Planning, and Insurance are Romit Barat’s main competencies.
Romit has held numerous leadership positions with blue-chip companies such as Kotak, ICICI Prudential AMC, Motilal Oswal, etc. Romit is also an avid reader, and his gift for writing stems from his keen observations of industry trends that might otherwise go missed.
In this webinar, Mr. Romit asked many questions relevant to the market, industries, investment, and investments.
- What made Mr. Vikas Agrawal start his AIF & PMS journey?
Mr. Vikas felt a huge gap between portfolio management and investor after spending more than 20 years in his career. He tried to bridge that gap between investors and portfolio managers through an ecosystem or platform. For example, during COVID-19, many investors sold, and therefore, the market went down.
- USP of his website, why investors do come before any decision in PMS or else? What’s the difference between his and other platforms?
Mr. Vikas Agrawal runs a data-driven company with separate people for market research work. They are all inclined towards putting more effort and doing their diligence.
People can see and acquire knowledge from data as they are all in the public domain. They provide a well-presented comparison of fund performance. Graphical data representation feature for comparison is also there for ease of understanding.
- Explanation on Discretionary PMS & Non-discretionary PMS. Do investors required to be concerned about this?
The basic difference, according to him, is a matter of accountability. Non-discretionary PMS for those investors who likely invest above thousand crores and want to closely work, debate with the fund manager, then decide on the portfolio. Discretionary PMS makes more sense to Mr Agrawal.
- Is PMS for reaching people? – Is it real or myth?
Comparison between PMS and Mutual fund is not right, as he told in the webinar. PMS is a little more costly from a cost perspective as it is more customizable. The workflow structure of companies also matters. In some cases, PMS may be less costly! He also mentioned that the PMS sector is expanding, and many good fund managers are entering here, even from a Mutual fund background.
- Few checklists for the targeted audience:
- There is a huge demand for mid and small-cap funds in the industry. Investors shouldn’t look only at the last 1 to 2 years.
- Investors should have a stomach to digest the effect of a volatile market.
- Stay at least in the cycle. Small-caps have at least seven years of the cycle.
- Investors should build a core portfolio; they may invest in multi-caps.
- Investment tips for 2022 – 2023 (towards investors):
- You should have a different style of portfolio manager.
- Thus, they have followers for three frameworks.
- Invest carefully.
In this extraordinary webinar, our host and guest tried to learn various topics from various aspects. People can learn many things from this webinar.