An exclusive webinar was just held on YouTube. In this insightful webinar, Mr Aman Chowhan appeared in this webinar and presented his knowledge and experience and brought light to many national and international happenings. Mr Vikas, the Founder and CEO of AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd., hosted this webinar. Our guest, Mr Aman Chowhan, is the Senior Fund Manager of Abakkus.
- In this webinar, our guest and host discussed many things that helped us to understand the major reasons behind the current market scenarios. At first, our guest expressed his thought on the present-day market status. He thought it was a little early to call it the ‘bottom’ of the market. According to him, it’s unclear whether the bottom has been created or not. But things would change within the next few months if it is created. If the bottom has not been created yet, we are very near to that.
- He mentions how the increasing interest rate and inflation of the U.S. and other countries are heavily impacting the economy. Along with that, the Ukraine – Russia crisis is one of the other major issues that are pulling back the Indian market. He also briefly discussed how the abundant liquidity globally had led to inflation.
- As the monsoon season is going on, Mr Aman thinks that the rural economy, especially the farmers, will be benefitted. Our guest is hopeful that in the coming festive things could be turned into positive.
- In this YouTube webinar, you will understand how the Indian economy has been one of the fastest-growing economies. There has been a negative return in the last few months, but India did a nice job year-wise. He made us understand through data, graphs and stats that India is doing well compared to other nations.
- As many international economic issues are going on which are not so dominant or concerning in India, there’s a great chance that India would be a potential entity for foreign investment.
- He threw some light on the government schemes that helped India to boost its economy in various ways. He thinks the government schemes would manage the demand and supply, and the market situation will come under control in the coming days.
About AIF & PMS Experts India
AIF & PMS Experts is an Alternative Investments firm with a diverse asset portfolio. Our core services include Portfolio Management Services, Public Equity (both listed and unlisted), Private Debt Structured Products, Venture Capital, and Real Estate Alternative Investments.
At AIF & PMS Experts, we anticipate a perspective of trust-building with governance, transparency, and enabling our clients’ long-term wealth creation. Our different products, analytics, and data-driven techniques are critical to our business and help us achieve our goals.
We believe in India’s development story. We believe that significant investments are needed to drive economic growth. Mr Vikas Agrawal, our Founder, exemplifies this belief. He is enthusiastic about deciphering strong points and untangling business and management flaws.
Fund Manager Profile
Aman is in charge of the investment team. He has 22 years of Indian equity experience, including 13 years with Sunil Singhania at Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management (now Nippon Life India Asset Management). Previously, he was the portfolio manager for all local and offshore schemes for Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management’s PMS division (now Nippon Life India Asset Management).
From 2006 to 2013, he was based in Reliance’s Singapore office, where he gained a global and regional point of view for investing in India. He has a strong track record across market cycles in long-only, absolute, and long-short strategies. He was a member of the research team at TAIB Securities, Tata TD Waterhouse, and other brokerage firms before joining Reliance in 2004. Aman earned his MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.
Their investment philosophy is segmented into multiple parts. Below explains it.
- Believe in making investments to generate alpha over the markets rather than simply allocating to benchmark indexes.
- Businesses with a scalable business model and the strength to grow to become large cap. Companies whose profits are looked for to grow faster than the market average.
- To trigger profoundly underpriced stocks with satisfactory growth expectations.
- Bottom-up research with a prominence on the balance sheet.
- Numbers speak louder than speeches and hype.
- Earnings ultimately determine returns.
- Prefer to be the first, early, and/or only investor.
- Do not follow the momentum.
- Open to considering companies from various industries, market capitalizations, and business cycles.
Agile and adaptable:
- Each equity opportunity is evaluated on its merit.
- Not limited to a specific theme or style.
- Purchase and hold.
- Engage in stock as if it were a business.
- Consider yourself a partner.
- Expected returns must justify the risk/uncertainty assumed.
- A good company is not always a good stock.
- Concentrate on the cost and value derived.
- What is included in the price?
Their MEETS Framework
It means they follow several parameters in their work. These are discussed below.
- Abilities and track record of quality.
- Capital Allocation: Capex is acceptable if ROE is maintained or improved.
- Minority shareholders should be treated fairly in terms of capital distribution.
- Decision-making errors vs intentional blunders.
- Earnings quality versus reported numbers.
- Actual earnings versus projected revenue.
- Cyclical vs structural earnings.
- Companies that can double profits in four years or less or whose EV/EBITDA ratio can be cut in half in four years.
- It could be a buy or sell possibility.
- On the horizon are events.
- New themes/disruptive trends.
- A good company may not be a good investment if the price is not right.
- What is the price reduction?
- Investment time frame Reversion to the mean reversion.
- The size of the possibility is structural.
- MOAT / Competitive positioning
- Consistent profit growth.
Webinar Key Points
- In this webinar, the enthusiastic audience will learn how the Indian economy has been performing well over the years.
- As our demand for food and other resources differs from other countries, International issues do not always affect us.
- We may be at the verge of the bottom of the market growth, but in the coming days, we can again turn around as we have the potential.
As previous, the market goes through ups and down. Several domestic and foreign issues are currently hampering the Indian market growth, but they will change over time. Hence, investors should have faith in investing. As investing requires the best and wise decision for a long-term investing approach and great return, you may consult AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd. In this regard.
They can also call us at 8368586435 or 1800 210 1995.