An exclusive webinar has been held between Mr Siddhartha Rastogi and Mr Vikas Agrawal. It is the first time our guest, Principal Officer, Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer & Head (Sales) of Ambit Asset Management, were physically present. Mr Agrawal, the founder and the CEO of AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd., tried to read the mind of the guest and successfully presented his valuable thoughts to the guest.
- In this webinar, our guest explains the journey of how Indians are moving toward financial literacy. Alongside, he expressed his thought that the market valuation of PMS and AIF could be multiplied significantly in the coming decades.
- Mr Siddhartha Rastogi mentioned Ambit Asset Management as a full-service investment bank for over twenty-five years. Here, he explained the working principle and ethics of Ambit and its six verticals that are working efficiently.
- According to his words, Ambit is one of the biggest players in the institutional equities market, which means that they not only advise the domestic institutions but what should buy, when to buy, and what should be the buying process. Ambit Asset Management manufactures Portfolio Management Services, and they run four strategies. Ambit is a non-banking finance company where experts give SME lending.
- The fifth line of business of Ambit is ECM, Equity Capital Markets, where they try to bring unlisted businesses to the listed business. Their sixth line of business is private banking, so Ambit helps businesses. They promote writing their wills to write there to do their state planning and to ensure transactional support.
- Ambit is a corporate finance organisation which serves if businesses need any help on the unlisted side of the transactions that they can bring on the private banking side.
- In this webinar, our guest explains how and how should a portfolio manager work. Hence, he mentioned their working procedure, the importance of the proper number of stocks, and deep research of a business’s accounts. He throws light on recent years; many companies lost huge per cent of the market cap because of the challenges in their annual account book.
- He stated how important it is to make a safe state or prevent the downside of an equity investment. Investors can make money on the downside.
- In this exclusive webinar, Mr Vikas asked to compare mutual funds, PMS and AIF. The great thing is that our honourable guest thoroughly did that comparison. Hence, the viewers of this webinar definitely learn about those investment options.
- In an asked question, Mr Siddhartha Rastogi explained which portfolio scheme is suitable for people. It purely depends on an individual investor’s age, risk appetite, and goals. He also mentioned that if anyone believes in India’s growth story, Emerging Giants would be the best investment choice.
About AIF & PMS Experts India
We are a multi-asset Alternative Investments firm. Portfolio Management Services, Venture Capital, Private Debt Structure Products, Public Equity (both listed and unlisted), and Real Estate Alternative Investments are among our key services.
Mr Vikas Agrawal, the Founder of AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd., is extremely passionate about extracting the strengths and untangling the weaknesses of businesses and business management. His vast experience in Alternative Investing has given him a bird’s-eye view of the economy. It enables investors to tap into untapped investment opportunities and grow viable investment techniques.
Fund Manager Profile
Mr Siddhartha is a Delhi University Honors Graduate in Commerce, a Company Secretary (Intermediate), and a PGDM from NMIMS, Mumbai.
Siddhartha has worked for Ambit for more than 11 years. Siddhartha cofounded IIFL Private Wealth, established the mutual fund, and structured the product distribution business IIFL before joining Ambit. Siddhartha previously worked for HSBC Bank as Branch Head for the Peddar Road Branch, India’s largest Wealth Branch. Siddhartha has also functioned in wealth management and corporate banking for CitiBank and UTI Bank.
- Invest in companies that are (a) good in terms of capital allocation track history and quality of improvements in financial performance measures over the last six years, and (b) clean in accounting quality and corporate governance.
- The emphasis on ‘good’ contributes to the upside while not sacrificing ‘clean’ reduces downside risk. Essentially, while the goal is to generate returns, the overarching goal is to effectively manage drawdowns since they believe doing so successfully is critical to achieving the former.
- Ambit’s proprietary forensic accounting framework aids in the identification of firms with poor-quality accounts. In contrast, our proprietary ‘greatness’ framework aids in the identification of efficient capital allocators who take a holistic approach to steady growth.
- As a result, a concentrated portfolio of 15-20 stocks draws down less than the market in adjustments and has low churn (no more than 15-20% of the portfolio in any year, amounting to 2-3 holdings).
Their goal is to assist their clients in creating long-term wealth while also protecting their capital. To that end, we examine a broad range of industry sectors and capitalise on opportunities by defining and investing in high-quality enterprises. Risk is mitigated by ensuring that we only invest in companies that meet the highest accounting and organisational governance standards.
Ambit Asset Management understands its client’s needs and provides a tailored solution with the primary fundamental premise of capital preservation.
Their Successful Portfolios
Ambit TenX Portfolio: The portfolio seeks to identify companies, primarily in the mid and small-cap segments, that can benefit from India’s journey to the US$10 trillion economy and grow their earnings by 10x over the next 10 – 15 years to deliver consistent returns over long periods.
Portfolio of Ambit Coffee Cans: A portfolio of strong companies aiming to deliver consistent returns with low risk to build wealth over time.
- A portfolio focused on large caps
- 8-10 year investment horizon is ideal.
- Low churn in a concentrated portfolio
- Excellent businesses with a track record of constant growth and high RoCE.
Ambit Good & Clean Midcap Portfolio: A portfolio of businesses with a track record of effective capital allocation and strong growth.
Ambit Emerging Giants Portfolio: A portfolio of companies that aims to generate wealth over time by investing in tomorrow’s figureheads.
Webinar Key Points
- If any person is confused about which type of investing option or scheme is suitable, the person will get the proper answer.
- The importance of proper accounting analysis and consistent growth and capabilities of companies across industries is important.
- You should be sufficiently literate regarding your savings or financial investment.
- The market is bright shortly for alternate investments.
- You can choose investment schemes or portfolios per your life goals and risk appetite.
There are various needs in an individual’s life. Those keep changing throughout the different stages of life. Hence, investing in a proper portfolio and maintaining decent investing principles may become important. Therefore, an investor should invest their capital wisely. In this regard, AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd. can assist people with its extensive market knowledge and help them to achieve their life goals. Enthusiastic people can mail us at [email protected] or visit the webpage https://aifpms.com/contact/. They can also reach through the following 8368586435 or 1800 210 1995.