Interesting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) For PMS
Interested investors would be glad to know that this July PMS schemes had outperformed the Nifty50, an impressive win for PMS. PMS is continuously growing and developing; the future seems so bright for investors investing in PMS. So, be quick and grab the opportunity of investing at the right time.
If you are also willing to invest in PMS but are clueless about PMS, why is it valuable, and many other related queries about PMS? Then the blog is perfect for you. Here will help you to clarify your concerns for PMS. Whether you are planning to grow or secure your wealth, these FAQs will help you plan your investment decisions quickly and effectively
10 Most Frequently Asked PMS Investment Questions Answered
1. What is Portfolio Management Services(PMS)?
Portfolio Management Services (PMS) offer professional management of investment that aims to deliver risk-adjusted returns to their clients. The service of PMS can be shown in two types:
The fund manager works following the client.
The decision of investment rests solely on the fund managers.
2. Why Portfolio Management Services (PMS)?
Choose PMS for the following advantages:
- Enhanced Portfolio
- Separate Portfolio
- Maximum Returns
- Transparent Structure
- Tailor-made Portfolio
- Transparent data management.
Protected by a financial risk management plan
3. How To Invest In Portfolio Management Services (PMS)?
To invest in Portfolio Management Services, investors need to have a minimum capital of 50 lakhs.
You can invest in PMS in these two ways:
- Investing in funds through cheque.
- Investors can directly transfer the existing stocks to their PMS account.
Portfolio fund managers are essential for carrying out the investment process in PMS.
4. Can NRIs Invest in the PMS?
Yes, NRIs can invest in PMS through NRE or NRO accounts. NRE is an account in India for NRIs to park their foreign earnings, whereas NRO is an account in India to manage the income earned by the person in India. Some additional documents are required for NRIs investing in PMS, but all this is easily managed and handled by our relationship managers.
5. What kind of reports can the client expect from the portfolio manager?
Portfolio managers should furnish a periodic report every six months to their clients. The information should include the following things:
- the composition and the value of the portfolio, description of security, number of deposits, value of each security held in the portfolio, cash balance and the aggregate value of the portfolio as on the date of the report;
- transactions are undertaken during the period of the information, including date of transaction and details of purchases and sales;
- beneficial interest received during that period in respect of interest, dividend, bonus shares, rights shares and debentures;
- expenses incurred in managing the portfolio of the client;
details of risk foreseen by the portfolio manager and the risk relating to the securities recommended for investment or disinvestment.
6. Are there risks included in PMS investment?
Yes, all investments involve a certain amount of risks. Also, the risk depends upon the security invested in. Sometimes, even the principal amount gets eroded.
7. Who are considered ideal PMS investors?
An ideal PMS investors possess the following qualities:
- A perfect investor always looks for investing in equity, fixed income, structured products.
- They desire long-term wealth creation choices.
- They always appreciate the high value of service.
They love and look for personalized investment solutions.
8. Who can offer PMS?
Portfolio Management Services can be offered by the entities that are registered with SEBI (Securities Exchange Board Of India). PMS works according to the rules and regulations set by SEBI.
9. How can one invest in PMS?
Simple steps to be followed for investing in PMS:
- Fill a client registration form
- An agreement for a Principal-agent relationship that will allow the agent to act on your behalf.
- Create a Demat and PMS account; for this, you will need Aadhar card/ ID proof/ bank statement/address proof/ PAN card copy.
10. Is there any Lock-in Period?
There is no such Lock-in Period. But it is always advisable to have patience at least for two to four years for better returns.
Don’t overdo the thinking process and make your decision to invest in PMS. Be wise in choosing your investment plans, talk to your fund manager and resolve your queries.
Always remember, the more you will wait, the better returns you will receive. We hope this blog was of great help to you. For more doubts and queries related to AIF and PMS, contact our AIF & PMS Experts now.