Mr Romit Barat held an exclusive YouTube webinar. Mr Romit is the Managing Partner and Mentor of AIF & PMS Experts India Pvt. Ltd. Our webinar guest, Nilesh Shah is the MD & CEO of Envision Capital. In this webinar, our host and honourable guest discussed many interesting things that an enthusiastic and optimistic investor would love to listen to for their investing purposes.
- Mr Nilesh Shah is very popular across different media. In this exciting webinar, he mentioned several things that impacted the Indian economy in recent years. He talks about how digitisation, liquidity, technology, demand, and government policies help businesses cope in a crisis. He remarkably mentioned how inflation spread its effect on businesses and common people.
- Our webinar guest also discussed the topic of input cost and how companies are trying to manage this. But despite all the current challenges, he thinks that the coming days are very optimistic regarding investing. As per the thought of our guest, there are now more opportunities in the economic sector for investing. In the past, there were three pockets of investing, but now an investor can find many other new pockets for investing.
- Mr Nilesh believes in decarbonisation, which is very promising for investing purposes as India has the potential to grow more in the defence and manufacturing sectors. This webinar will help investors gain more ideas about the emerging investing opportunities and the significance of domestic investing in India’s long-term growth opportunity.
About AIF & PMS Experts India
At AIF & PMS Experts, we envision a vision of establishing trust with governance, maintaining transparency, and facilitating our clients’ long-term wealth creation. Our numerous products, analytics, and tools are critical to our business and help us achieve our goals.
We have faith in India’s growth story. We acknowledge the role of investments as a driver of economic growth. And our Founder, Mr Vikas Agrawal, who is exceptionally enthusiastic about decoding the strengths and untangling business and business management weaknesses, exemplifies this belief.
Fund Manager Profile
Mr Nilesh Shah is the Founder and CEO of Envision Capital, a renowned investment management firm specialising in Portfolio Management Services (PMS). He is well-known for his stock selection abilities and investment strategy of recognising growth-oriented, capital-efficient businesses with a long-term outlook.
Before founding Envision, Nilesh worked for two of India’s most respected homegrown financial institutions, the HDFC group and the Kotak group. Mr Shah joined the Kotak group as an executive and quickly rose to become Executive Director of Kotak Securities and President of Kotak Asset Management.
He also became the group’s youngest member of the Kotak Leadership Team, comprised of the top 30 employees. During this time, Kotak Securities became India’s leading brokerage and PMS firm, and Kotak Asset Management won numerous awards.
Nilesh has a CFA from The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) and a post-graduate in management from IRMA, where he was valedictorian. He has also received several academic and professional honours.
Their investment philosophy is to identify enterprises that have the potential to create long-term value for investors and thus strive to meet the portfolio’s investment objectives. This philosophy is based on identifying and selecting individual investments from the bottom up. The following are the key characteristics of the bottom-up investment philosophy:
• Focus on Fundamentals,
• Value Seeking and
• Long-Term Thinking.
They prioritise investing in companies with a solid business model, good management, and attractive valuations. They take a buy and hold approach to investing to participate in the entire value-locking cycle over a longer time frame. They believe that determining the margin of safety, or the distinction between the purchase price and the intrinsic value is the key to generating superior long-term returns.
Their investment philosophy is founded on the following principles:
- Bottom-up approach guided by a proprietary fundamental – qualitative research.
- In the public market, there is a private equity mindset.
- Keeping up with markets is far less important than doing our homework.
- Focus on value identification rather than market direction.
- The value is found in the business’s quality, balance sheet, and management.
- Price is what you pay – value is what you get.
- Buy and hold approach.
- Keep an eye on your investments and harvest when the value is realised.
- Invest in a few companies that you know well and understand what is important to them.
- Conviction enables us to persevere in the face of adversity.
They believe in a buy-and-hold strategy, with concentrated holdings in high conviction investment ideas with a long-term outlook.
Webinar Key Points
- Modern Innovations in the renewable sector has great potential for investing purpose.
- Domestic and global policies can impact the Indian economy.
- A long-term investment is suitable for investment return.
There is a bright opportunity in the next ten years for investors. The last few years and the current crisis may be demotivating, but capable companies can turn around in the near future. You should be positive and invest with the proper approach.
Please mail us at [email protected]
You can visit our website https://aifpms.com/contact/