What is Portfolio Management Services ?
We turn towards the stock market, expecting to make a fortune. Yet a majority of times, most of the investors are victimized by the emotions of greed and fear. The problem is that many investors tend to over-diversify their portfolio by adding more stocks, which is likely to turn the tables and it takes you backward rather than taking your forward.It takes knowledge about the stock market, but more importantly, it requires a strategy and understanding of the businesses and economic cycles.
It is the art and science of making decisions about investment, Portfolio Management Services (PMS) is a specialized & customized service that offers a range of specialized investment strategies to capitalize on the opportunities in the market. Though PMS is managed by professional portfolio managers, it has the potential to address the personal preferences tailored into the investment portfolio giving the freedom and flexibility required for achieving the financial goals. This is typically a high-end product meant for high net-worth individuals (HNIs) because it needs a minimum investment of 50 lacs.
A portfolio manager has a thorough understanding of the businesses and uses it to improve investor’s gains. The manager must have clarity of the investor’s risk and reward expectations to use an appropriate and suitable strategy in order to deliver high potential returns.
Types of Portfolio Management
1. Discretionary PMS – The portfolio manager individually and independently manages the funds of each client in accordance with the needs of the client. A discretionary manager makes decisions for the investor with full flexibility. While taking into consideration factors like the individual goals, risk appetite, and time-frame, the best suiting the investment policy statement is adopted by the manager. The fees for such managed funds are generally higher because of higher involvement in decision-making as well as more efforts by the manager.
2.Non-discretionary PMS – The portfolio manager manages the funds in accordance with the directions of the client. The portfolio manager cannot make buy-sell decisions at his own discretion; he has to refer to the client for every transaction. The non-discretionary manager is more like an advisor than a portfolio manager himself. He advises the investor in which routes are best to take. The risks and rewards are cleared mentioned in the advisory note while the discretion to take action is totally with the investor. Only once the manager has been given the go ahead, the portfolio manager takes the appropriate action on the investor’s behalf.
Why Portfolio Management Services?
Today, the financial market is increasingly complex, and managing your own portfolio will take up a lot of your time and effort. There are situations when you don’t have time or knowledge to explore the best investment alternatives in the market. This is a common problem faced by many wannabe investors like you.
At this juncture, portfolio management services can help you get out of this dilemma. So you can simply assign your investments to portfolio management services who will report to you regularly on your portfolio performance. Don’t feel lost in this complex world of investments. Let the experts do their job.
But why should you opt for PMS? Here are a few aspects on which portfolio managers say they score on top like:
- Adjust Your Portfolio To Market Trends– When you avail of portfolio management services, you enjoy greater freedom and flexibility to diversify your investments.
- Professional Management – Money management services that work for you.
- Personalized Advice– Get investment advice and strategies from expert Fund Managers.
- Balanced Portfolio– Professional research and advice will help you with information on the best investment options and ideas for your portfolio.
- Maximum Returns, Minimum Risks – Portfolio management services assure you of the best downside protection for your portfolio. You will benefit from practical financial advice that can help convert all paper gains into real profits in the shortest time.
- Continuous Monitoring – You are informed about your investment decisions.
- Hassle-Free Operation– High standards of service and complete portfolio transparency.
- Greater control – You have greater control over the asset allocation in PMS. Here the portfolio can be customized to suit your risk-return profile.
- Transparency – PMS provides comprehensive communications and performance reporting that will give investors a complete picture regarding the securities held on his behalf.
Disclaimer – https://aifpms.com/disclaimer/