The authority behind Portfolio Management Services is Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited has a section called Portfolio Management Service. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited (ABSLAMC) is a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group, a well-known Indian conglomerate, and Sun Life Financial Inc., a significant worldwide financial services firm based in Canada that was established in 1994.
|Year of Inception||NA|
|Number of Stocks||150|
|Investment Horizon||Long Term|
|Fund Managers||Vishal Gajwani|
- A diversified portfolio, the Nifty Next 100 Portfolio would largely invest in large and mid-cap stocks. The top 150 stocks would be the focus (excluding NIFTY 50). It strikes the ideal mix between growth and quality to occupy the sweet spot between large caps and mid-caps. It aims to produce higher returns than large-cap funds without taking on excessive small-size risk or volatility with minimal exposure to commodities cyclical and well-diversified across secular sectors. Our primary goal is to invest in businesses with robust balance sheets, a history of wise capital deployment, and high long-term capital returns.
- With a broad-based surge in big, mid, and small caps, the Indian stock markets have been among the best-performing international markets over the previous three months. In these challenging and unheard-of times, India shines out among the Emerging Markets, drawing USD 6.5 billion in foreign capital. Despite the aspect that there is still a significant threat from Covid 19, attitudes have improved as a result of a number of developments, including (1) the US elections that produced a Democrat as president but a Republican in the Senate, (2) a decline in the number of active Covid-19 cases in India, (3) improving high-frequency indicators, (4) a positive surprise in 2QFY21 earnings, and (5) the success of Covid vaccine trials. Sectors including banking, metals, pharmaceuticals, and IT kept driving the market upward. Mid and small caps outperformed large caps as market breadth increased.
- Covid figures on the domestic front have improved as the number is declining by more than 50% from the high. Due to festival season and pent-up demand, high-frequency signs point to a significant recovery. As the economy opens up, the majority of activity indexes are slowly regaining their pre-Covid levels. The government has also declared a number of initiatives to spur the economy, and the monetary policy has remained accommodating with no rise in interest rates.
- The essential takeaway from this is to continue investing in ethical companies. Even after this rise, they see value in many businesses, particularly small and midcap firms, that have the potential to provide significant returns over the next two to three years. A few other metrics, such as the yield gap and market capitalization to GDP, also hint at solid returns in stocks over the medium run.
- They remain committed to our approach of seeking businesses with solid management teams, solid financial standing, a turnaround in earnings trajectory brought on by macro and micro-factors, and ownership of structurally high-growth brands. While the Corona vaccine and how quickly the economy recovers will determine the business climate in the short term, India’s long-term economic trajectory is unaffected.
- The opinions presented in their declared portfolio are those of the Nifty Next 100 Portfolio’s fund managers and shouldn’t be interpreted as investment advice. There is zero assurance or guarantee that the product’s objectives will be met while investing in securities because of market risks. Performance in the past might or might not continue in the future.
- Years of high success and development have culminated in the ideal combination of growth and quality.
- The Fund would mainly invest in the top 150 stocks (excluding the NIFTY 50), with the aim of outperforming the index by reducing risk and uncertainty relative to pure Small Cap and Midcap strategies.
What is the investment philosophy of Aditya Birla Nifty Next 100 PMS?
- Years of outstanding achievement and progress have resulted in the optimum balance of growth and quality.
- The Fund would primarily invest in the top 150 stocks (excluding the NIFTY 50), with the goal of beating the index while lowering risk and uncertainty in comparison to pure Small-Cap and Midcap strategies.
What is the unique feature of Aditya Birla Nifty Next 100 PMS?
The distinguishing characteristic is a well-diversified portfolio with a strong concentration on mid-and large-cap stocks.
How the Aditya Birla Nifty Next 100 PMS has been grown in the market?
Bajaj Finserv, Federal Bank, Bata India, Avenue Supermarts, and Divi’s Laboratories all made good contributions to the portfolio in November. This portfolio includes Covid-resistant sectors such as healthcare, insurance, and fast-moving consumer goods, as well as own-sector leaders in retail and materials, as well as sectors that are expected to emerge stronger from the crisis.
What is the investment process of Aditya Birla Nifty Next 100 PMS?
- Follow the Nifty Next 100 Universe on Twitter.
- Companies that do not pass the screeners should be rejected.
- Approximately half of the remaining businesses pass this test.
- Choose 15-25 high-growth, high-potential firms to invest in.
What kind of companies are in the targeted region of Aditya Birla Nifty Next 100 PMS?
The primary goal is to purchase firms with robust balance sheets, a proven track record of capital deployment, and a high return on capital over a lengthy period of time.
About Fund Manager
Vishal Gajwani, Head – Alternate Investments (Equity)
With over 15 years of experience in equity research and portfolio management, Vishal has extensive experience in managing equity portfolios across investment cycles. He, along with his team, is accredited with conducting differentiated market studies capturing interesting insights on various aspects of investing, translating into a superlative performance track record.
He is a Gold Medalist Chartered Accountant (AIR – 1) and holds a Master’s degree in Commerce from M. S. University of Baroda. Vishal received 4 Gold Medals, including the Chancellor’s Gold Medal, for topping the Master of Commerce Exams. Vishal is also a CFA charter holder from the CFA Institute (The Global Association of Investment Professionals), USA.
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.