The authority behind Portfolio Management Services is Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited has a section called Portfolio Management Service. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited (ABSLAMC) is a joint venture between the Aditya Birla Group, a well-known Indian conglomerate, and Sun Life Financial Inc., a significant worldwide financial services firm based in Canada that was established in 1994.
|Year of Inception||2009|
|Number of Stocks||15-25|
|Investment Horizon||Long Term|
|Fund Managers||Vishal Gajwani|
- With the Select Sector Portfolio, you can add your own chapter to India’s growth story (SSP). The SSP is a special opportunity from Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd – Portfolio Manager that allows you to invest in companies that are essential to the nation’s growth agenda.This portfolio enables you to recognise these companies and take part in their medium- to long-term growth. You may also develop your value investing skills by investing in SSP.
- Equity markets are known to be influenced by sentiment in the near term. Markets are voting machines in the short term and weighing machines in the long term, according to Benjamin Graham. The short term takes into account the general consensus, which is also informally referred to as momentum investment, however what counts in the long run is actual underlying business performance that is driven by a company’s fundamentals.
- Currently, investors in India are leaving firms with high promoter pledge, high debt, and corporate governance problems and moving their money to “safer” businesses. This category also includes the majority of MNCs. MNCs offer stronger distribution capacities, more autonomous management, more global economies of scale, and better standards for product quality.
- They are in a position that is relatively better than others during difficult economic times. They have access to technical knowledge, strategy, and execution competence thanks to their parentage. MNCs often have lesser indebtedness and a greater return on invested capital, cash flows, and asset turnover. Even while they frequently trade at greater prices, they also benefit shareholders, one of which is a larger dividend yield. Even if not all MNCs can be compared, some of them do look to be interesting. They have brands like Cummins, Bata, and Nestle among our many offers.
- The New York 500 and New York Midcap index have corrected by 6% and 15%, respectively, in the past year from a value viewpoint. Even while there may be short-term suffering, the structural development narrative of India still offers the Indian stock investor plenty of prospects for gain over the next three years.
- The 20–25 stocks in the Select Sector Portfolio were chosen from a multi-cap universe. The investment strategy is supported by these four pillars: Long-term, sustainable development in a few key industries that aims to offset the majority of GDP growth trends Pay attention to companies that regularly add value under favourable industry operating conditions. Quantitative screening tools supported by foundational study: Complete alert system to monitor industry-specific values. Recurring Winners Study and Piotroski Scores are two recent studies. Value-based investment strategy to produce alpha.
- The portfolio’s investment objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation and fair dividend income by investing in equity and equity-related securities.
- Identify and engage in the growth of high-quality companies in sectors with consistent growth and ROE over the medium to long term, as well as practise Value Investing when making investment decisions.
What does Select Sector Portfolio offers?
The Select Sector Portfolio (SSP) allows investors to invest in high-quality, consistent-return firms while adhering to the value investing concept. This strategy allows us to give investors both safety and compounding profits, resulting in long-term prosperity.
What kind of investors is ideal for Aditya Birla Select Sector Portfolio?
Ideal for investors looking for a portfolio of well-chosen concepts supported by extensive study and investment expertise.
What is the minimum investment amount of Aditya Birla Select Sector Portfolio?
Per individual accounts, the minimum investment amount is Rs. 50 lacs (or such other amount as decided by the Portfolio Manager at its sole discretion in each individual case)
What is the investment horizon of Aditya Birla Select Sector Portfolio?
Minimum of three years
What is the investment approach of the Select Sector Portfolio?
The portfolio demonstrates a growth-oriented investment strategy with an emphasis on quality. They look for firms with excellent or increasing fundamentals in industries with favourable operational dynamics that are undervalued. Aditya Birla adds value by selecting firms that are innately value-generating due to their positioning and waiting for an opportunity to purchase at prices that satisfy their expectations for returns and margins of safety.
About Fund Manager
Vishal Gajwani, Head – Alternate Investments (Equity)
With over 15 years of experience in equity research and portfolio management, Vishal has extensive experience in managing equity portfolios across investment cycles. He, along with his team, is accredited with conducting differentiated market studies capturing interesting insights on various aspects of investing, translating into a superlative performance track record.
He is a Gold Medalist Chartered Accountant (AIR – 1) and holds a Master’s degree in Commerce from M. S. University of Baroda. Vishal received 4 Gold Medals, including the Chancellor’s Gold Medal, for topping the Master of Commerce Exams. Vishal is also a CFA charter holder from the CFA Institute (The Global Association of Investment Professionals), USA.
For any queries, contact us on Mobile: +91 836 858 6435, Landline: 020-48627339,Toll Free: 1800 210 1995, Email: [email protected]
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.