ALCHEMY Leaders of Tomorrow
Alchemy Capital Management is one of the leading providers of bespoke Portfolio Management Services in India. Established in 1999, the SEBI-Registered firm. Alchemy caters to high-net-worth individuals, family offices and institutions. Managing and advising an AUM worth over USD 931 million, the firm serves a client base of 1850+ families as of June 30, 2023.
Pioneers in bottom-up stock picking approach, Alchemy places a strong emphasis on thorough research and long-term investments. Guided by a disciplined investment approach, the company aims to deliver sustainable returns. With a legacy of over 20 years, Alchemy has built a reputation for trust, integrity, and expertise. Its stable and experienced team of investment professionals possesses deep industry knowledge, enabling the firm to navigate market cycles and trends successfully.
|Scheme Name||Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow – Closed-Ended Fund (Series 2)|
|Investment Manager||Alchemy Capital Management Pvt Ltd.|
|Investment Tenure||3 yrs (extendable by 1 year with the requisite consent of the Contributors)|
|Underlying Asset Class||Listed equities, QIPs, Debt instruments & up to 50% of AUM in IPO Initial Contribution: Minimum Rs 1 Cr|
|Redemption Windows||Closed-Ended Fund, the funds would be locked up for the entire tenure of the fund|
|Risk Appetite||High Risk|
|Subscription Period||First Subscription Period getting closed on 31 Jan 2022 followed by a fortnightly opening till June 2022
|Initial Subscription Fee||Upto 2.25 % of the contribution amount|
|Eligible Investors||Resident Indians, NRI, HNI, Hindu undivided Family (HUF), Banks, Bodies Corporate, Partnership Firm,& Trusts
With a collective experience of 100 years in the Indian equity market, Lashit Sanghvi, Ashwin Kedia, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, and Hiren Ved founded Alchemy Capital Management in 1999. over the previous 19 years, Alchemy has grown in reputation and is now one of the country’s largest Portfolio Management Services (PMS) providers, having advised and invested in over $1 billion in group assets (as of 31st March 2022). Alchemy’s institutional history is based on honesty, protocol, intelligence, and an unshakable dedication to constantly offering great client service. Alchemy’s experience, intelligence networks, and continuing feedback from trade and business analysts have guided the main investment management team in implementing only the best-in-class practices to meet customers’ expectations and frequently attempt new things.
GENERAL RISK FACTORS –
Every product/investment strategy comes with its own set of hazards. Before investing, please carefully read the applicable Disclosure Document/ Client Agreement/ Offer Documents (including the Private Placement Memorandum and Contribution Agreement).
Founders and Investment Team
- Have experience in the Indian equities market spanning more than 100 years.
- Own a solid reputation in the market founded on integrity.
- Hiren Ved, a co-founder, adds consistency to the investing philosophies as CIO.
- Assemble a dependable and knowledgeable staff of investment experts who have remained and internalised the firm’s investing philosophy.
Disciplined Investment Process
- Founders in the bottom increased stock selection.
- The capacity to anticipate trends.
- Pay detail attention to primary research.
- A long-term strategy of investing in publicly traded firms with ongoing evaluation.
- Since its debut in 2002, its performance history of consistent.
- PersonalisedPersonalised strategy for each client’s portfolio.
Strong Emphasis on Compliance and Risk Management
- Having an established ethical code of conduct.
- With openness in the marketplace, client interactions, and reporting.
- The attack on the parallel economy is demonetisation.
- A single strike to illicit money.
- An increase in bank deposits lowered capital costs.
- Reduced unproductive savings result in reduced prices for gold and land.
- Investment shifts from tangible to intangible assets.
- Quicker take-up of digital payments.
- Positive structural factors for inflation.
Founders And the Investment Group
- Bring over a century of Indian equity market experience.
- Have a strong market reputation based on integrity.
- Hiren Ved, co-founder and Chief Investment Officer, brings consistency to the investment philosophy.
- Have a consistent and experienced team of investment managers who have stayed with the firm and absorbed its investment philosophy.
Premises for Investment
The last few years have seen various economic challenges caused by regulatory changes, new trade equations, geopolitics, and technologies. They think that, in the long run, these disruptions will bring significant opportunities. Disruption, adaptability, and resilience are the keys to a successful, sustainable business in the new economic paradigm. Quality businesses can adapt and demonstrate various characteristics to navigate the same.
Investment Objective & Strategy
The investment strategy for Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow (“the Fund”) seeks to generate long term capital appreciation by investing in companies showing
best traits of adaptability to the new economic normal, driven by innovation & ingenuity. The Fund shall invest in
(i) Listed Indian equities.
(ii) Private Investment in Public Equity (“PIPES”) on listed Indian equities.
(iii) IPO opportunities.
About Fund Managers
Mr. Hiren Ved -Co-Founder and Whole-Time Director
Hiren Ved, an equity market veteran, serves as the Whole-Time Director and CIO at Alchemy Capital Management where he has been leading the firm’s Asset Management business. With over 30 years of experience in the Indian equities market, Hiren has developed a sustainable long-term investment philosophy based on fundamental research. He is known for his deep sector knowledge, bottom-up research skills and stock picking abilities. Hiren manages and advises funds over USD 931 million (as on June 30, 2023) across domestic PMS and offshore institutional mandates for Alchemy Capital. He holds a graduate degree in Accounting from Mumbai University and a post-graduation in Management & Cost Accounting from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Alchemy’s Investment Philosophy is “Growth at Reasonable Price” which is rooted in the premise that India is a high growth economy and the best way to play this is to identify and invest in companies best equipped to take advantage of emerging domestic and global opportunities.
Major Disruptions in The Current Business Environment
- Disruptive technology, such as the introduction of E-commerce, EVs, 4G-5G spectrum, AI, digital payments, etc.
- Changing the Regulatory Framework, such as GST, RERA, the Bankruptcy Code, and so on.
- New trade equations, both domestic and international.
- Pandemic, Geopolitics, war.
The Impact of the Disruptions
- Businesses that thrive on lack of clarity lower costs, and tax avoidance face severe survival challenges as the price-to-quality perception gap between smaller and larger players narrows.
- Changes behaviour and reduces demand for discretionary/luxury goods previously paid in cash.
- Savings are redirected to more transparent, liquid, and tax-efficient financial assets.
- Reduces demand for physical assets such as real estate and gold.
Thus adaption to core processes is necessary.
Companies of High-Quality Transform And Demonstrate Several Characteristics
- Understanding and adoption of new technology
- To create a lean organisation, employ advanced and innovative management practices.
- RecogniseRecognise consumer behaviour.
- R&D and innovation are prioritised.
- Capability to recognise and integrate mergers and acquisitions
- Gain access to underserved consumer markets.
Disciplined Process for Proper Investment
- Bottom-Up Disciplined Investment Process Pioneers Stock replenishment.
- Early detection of trends
- Concentrate on primary research.
- A long-term approach to investing in publicly traded companies with ongoing evaluation.
- Since its inception in 2002, the company has demonstrated a consistent track record of performance.
- Individual client portfolios are approached on a case-by-case.
What are the different types of Portfolio Management Services (PMS) available for an investor?
Discretionary: The Portfolio Manager is entirely responsible for the investment choices and their timing under these services.
Non-Discretionary: The portfolio manager’s role in these services is limited to making investment recommendations. The Investor is completely responsible for the investment decisions he or she makes, as well as the timing of those decisions. The portfolio manager, on the other hand, is in charge of transaction execution.
Advisory: The portfolio manager’s role in these services is limited to making investment recommendations. The Investor is entirely responsible for the investment decisions he or she makes.
What is the investment strategy of Alchemy LOT?
Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow (“the Fund”investing )’s objective is to achieve long-term absolute returns on the investor’s capital, rather than to be benchmarked to any index. The Fund’s investment objective aims to create long-term capital appreciation by investments in I listed Indian stocks, (ii) Private Investment in Public Equity (“PIPES”) on listed Indian equities, and (iii) IPO and pre-IPO possibilities. The Fund will invest throughout the market cap range, including large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap firms.
Who are the eligible investors in Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow?
The Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow fund is open to resident Indians, NRIs, HNIs, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs), Banks, Corporate Bodies, Partnership Firms, and Trusts.
What is the minimum investment in Alchemy Leaders of Tomorrow?
1 crore, with a 3-5-year time horizon, indicated.
|Product - AMC||Category||AUM (in Cr.)||Performance||1M||3M||6M||1Y||2Y||3Y||5Y||10Y||SI|
Alchemy High GrowthAMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt ltd Inc Date: May 08,2002
|S&P BSE 500||-2.9||-1.4||10.9||9.6||6.7||22.0||15.3||14.7||16.7|
Alchemy High Growth Select StockAMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt ltd Inc Date: Dec 19,2008
|S&P BSE 500||-2.9||-1.4||10.9||9.6||6.7||22.0||15.3||14.7||15.7|
Alchemy AscentAMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt ltd Inc Date: Sept 03,2019
Alchemy Alpha 100AMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt ltd Inc Date: Aug 16,2023
|Nifty 50 TRI||-2.70||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||-1.80|
Alchemy Smart Alpha 250AMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt ltd Inc Date: Aug 10,2023
|S&P BSE 500 TRI||-2.90||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||-0.80|
Alchemy Leaders of TomorrowAMC Name: Alchemy Capital Management Pvt Ltd. Inc Date: Jan-18
|S&P BSE 500||3.8||11.8||13.8||15.9||11.6||23.6||NA||NA||11.3|
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.