ASK group was incorporated in the year 1983 now ask is leading player in the financial industry. ASK invest money by doing research and taking advice from assets management, private equity, and wealth management team. ASK has around 10 offices in India from there they give service to their client and they have also office in Dubai Africa Singapore etc.The main focus of ASK is on work with long-term growth in the mind according to the needs of the customer and their risk capacity.
|Year of Inception||29th January 2001|
|Number of Stocks||15-20 stocks|
|Investment Horizon||3-5 years|
|Fund Manager||Mr. Chetan Thacker|
|Investment Approach||20-25 Businesses|
This fund’s two main goals are capital preservation and long-term capital appreciation. The ASK Growth portfolio invests in well-established, pedigreed firms with the largest ‘Size of Opportunity’ while guaranteeing that earnings growth, company quality, and the price-value gap stay strong – the highest degree of clearance. The management quality continues to be excellent. The fund seeks to acquire growth at value prices from a diverse portfolio of Indian stocks with positive long-term prospects to produce medium to long-term returns. This portfolio is an excellent choice for investors looking to profit from India’s rapid growth.
Summary of Fund
The emphasis on a particular business attribute does not imply the absence of the other 3 attributes.
All of the attributes have to be present, at least at a minimum defined level or higher, across all the stocks.
When any particular attribute is emphasized, the filter standard for threshold clearance for that attribute is kept at the highest level, while for the other three attributes, the filter is at a high level.
Across all the stocks, for no attribute, the threshold will be at average or below average level.
The fund’s goal is to establish a portfolio of investments primarily in firms with a big market opportunity. The investment strategy for the first 20 firms is to buy high-quality enterprises with a strong management team—businesses with a high ROCE (> 25%) and strong projected profits growth (> 15%) at the time of the first stock acquisition. Apart from that, the opportunity’s size, quality, earnings growth, and value are the four important investing qualities. Good management is a non-negotiable characteristic.
- In every portfolio, all qualities must be present in each stock.
- Any stock pick in a portfolio must meet a minimal set of criteria for all qualities.
- There will be no ‘average’ score for any of the qualities in any portfolio.
- Each portfolio will have at least one heightened (highest) characteristic.
- For the other three characteristics, ‘high’ positioning (not necessarily ‘highest’) is preferred.
- The highest management level is a given across all equities in any portfolio.
- The presence of one business characteristic does not indicate the absence of the other three.
- All of the qualities must be present in all stocks, at a minimum stated level or greater.
- When a certain attribute is highlighted, the filter standard for threshold clearance for that attribute is retained at its highest level. In contrast, the filter for the other three attributes is kept at its maximum level.
- The barrier will be average or below average for all stocks for no characteristic.
Who are the fund managers of ASK EOP?
The portfolio management team responsible for managing their account is headed by Mr. Anant Jalan, who has over 15 years of experience in equity research and investment management under his belt. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with top honours from the University of Pennsylvania with a double degree – Bachelor of Science in Economics (concentrations in Finance & Accounting) from the Wharton School, and Bachelor of Science in Engineering (majoring in Computer Science Engineering) from the University’s School of Engineering & Applied Sciences. He is a CFA charter holder, an MBA with significant international exposure has been named one amongst “100 Brilliant Minds of India” in the past.
What are the fund managers' investment philosophies?
Their long-term focus, capital preservation strategy and unique portfolio approach allows us to provide you with superior risk-adjusted returns over time in a cost-effective manner. They believe that patience coupled with an astute investment philosophy produce excellent results over time; moreover, Their broad diversification helps to reduce volatility.
What is their time horizon?
As long-term investors, They invest for five years and have no maximum limit on portfolio tenure. They believe that patience coupled with an astute investment philosophy produce excellent results over time; moreover, Their broad diversification helps to reduce volatility.
About Fund Managers
Chetan Thacker:Portfolio Manager,ASK Investment Managers Ltd
Chetan works at ASK Investment Managers Ltd as a portfolio manager. He began his career with McKinsey & Company and worked in various capacities with HSBC InvestDirect (India) and Emkay Global Financial Services Ltd across several sectors and geographic regions. Chetan holds a CFA (ICFAI University) and a PGDBM (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
Bharat Shah: Executive Director – ASK Group
- Mr. Bharat Shah holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Bombay and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- He is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
- He is a member of the Board at ASK and spearheading the Investment Management business at the firm for over 18 years.
- He has over 30 years of experience in the field of investment management and has previously worked as CIO at Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund.
- Bharat provides strategic guidance to the CEOs in managing their respective businesses while closely supervising the IM business of the group.
- Bottom-up investment philosophy, with stock picking being a special strength.
Nimesh Mehta:Director & Head – Sales & Products
Mr. Mehta is in charge of Sales and Products and has been crucial in developing the distribution network for ASK’s PMS and AIF businesses in India.
He has over 23 years of expertise in NBFC, Equities, and Asset Management.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce, an MBA, and is a Certified Financial Planner(CFP). Nimesh’s former employers include Motilal Oswal AMC, GE Money, and Godrej Appliances Ltd. He is a TEDx speaker and the author of Sales Boost.
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.