About The Green Lantern Capital LLP
Green Lantern Capital LLP is a portfolio management firm that is SEBI-registered and proudly situated in Mumbai, India. Green Lantern Capital is our effort to generate long-term wealth for all of our stakeholders through a research-driven, disciplined approach to investing. They are supported by a team of highly experienced investment and risk management professionals that are driven by an unrivalled enthusiasm for investing. Our expertise is in discovering high-quality business franchises operated by great management teams that can expand quicker and for a longer period!
They invest in multi-asset portfolios, benchmark and market capitalization agnostic equities, and give our customers investment advisory services, outcome-oriented investment solutions, and fund management services. They assist and collaborate with individual investors, overseas investors, a variety of institutions, family-run enterprises, and financial product advisors.
Strengths: Investment is as much about psychology as about economics
- Deep understanding of global macro-economics and domestic businesses and promoters.
- Right temperament for riding the winners, realizing the full potential of our investments
- Being greedy when others are fearful and being fearful when others are greedy
- They are not compulsive investors
- They only deploy capital when They find favourable Risk-reward
- Favourable evaluations in terms of Margin of Safety
- Do not hesitate to hold cash, if They don’t find ideas that fit our criteria.
- They also, take cash off the table, once They get the expected returns much sooner than anticipated, and do not take execution risk.
Quality companies in growth markets:
- Strong franchises + good/ethical management
- Large market opportunities, strong competitive characteristics and high ROE
- Industry leaders
- Hunger for growth
- Valuation Risk
- Earnings Risk
- Balance Sheet Risk
- Over-ownership risk
- Combine top-down and bottom-up approach
- Capitalizing on occasional tactical opportunities
- Ability to use cash as a hedge
Green Lantern Capital Growth Fund Overview
The fund strategy endeavours to generate superior risk-adjusted returns, in varying market conditions, by investing in Mid & Small Cap companies. Ideal long-term investment (3-5 year Horizon) option for investors where They build a portfolio of companies that are Industry leaders, have the potential to generate healthy ROE and are trading at a high margin of safety.
- Portfolio Structure
- Large Cap – 0—30%
- Mid & small Cap—70 -100%
- Number of stocks: 20 – 25
- Cash: Default Position
- Benchmark: BSE Small Cap Index
About The Fund Managers
He has a talent for not just spotting significant macroeconomic trends far earlier than others but also for spotting top-notch businesses that would stand to gain from them. He is a technocrat, engineer, and researcher at heart. He has over 30 years of work experience under his belt working for some of the best companies in the industry, including Pidilite, Praxair, and Floatglass India, before pursuing his passion for investing and honing his skills by joining as Head – Equity Research & Institutional Sales at Techno Shares & Stocks, Way 2 Wealth Brokers, and later at Edelweiss Financial. He is a voracious reader, extremely knowledgeable, and can speak on any subject with confidence and aplomb.
Chartered Accountant, with 19 years of expertise in the equities market worked with companies such as Care Ratings, Reliance MF, Monsoon Capital, and Heritage Capital Managing US $300 million in AUM was my last task as Head Equity at Star Union Daiichi Life Insurance. Abhishek is familiar with international standards for fund management. The Heritage Fund was listed by Eureka Hedge in 2010 as one of the top 5 hedge funds in India.
Expecting a volatile 2022 – 23
- The year started with 6 – 7% inflation, which increased to 8-9% in the developed world a negative real rate of -5.5%
- USA Fed proposed a policy response to contain inflation through tapering, multiple rate hikes and shrinking B/S.
- They expect –
- Commodity-led inflation (especially metals) should recede from Q3 CY 2022 both in terms of actual prices & also base effect as the world economy opens from COVID-19 lead restrictions.
- Supply chains including shipment-related bottlenecks to start easing from Q2 CY 2022 & normalize in H2 CY 2022.
- However, energy and Agri/food cost to remain elevated over the next few years until new supply capabilities are created globally
- Also, with current geopolitical events, overall inflation may remain elevated than the targeted 3% by end of CY2022.
- Expected multiple interest rate hikes by FED may take a breather in line with moderating inflationary pressure by H1 CY 2023
- Across the world, trust in governments. & Central Banks are coming down over COVID-19 & inflation management.
- The above will result in volatility across asset classes including bonds, Real Estate and Equities.
- However, with current geopolitical events and the factors above, They believe global bonds and equity as an asset class will remain under a downward bias with very high volatility.
- They expect some countries to postpone the carbon neutrality goalpost & increase the use of fossil fuels & commodities shortly.
- There should be a shift in demand from consumption towards services in CY2023.
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.