Marcellus Investment Managers was founded in 2018 with their main objective of impacting the Indian economy’s effective capital allocation. We plan to accomplish this by directing household savings into high-quality Indian enterprises with a long history of sound governance and capital allocation. Our portfolio management strategy not only strives to provide healthy returns to our investors but also to do so by assuming relatively moderate risks. Marcellus’ core investment management team has been together for 15 years, and their experiences and lessons learned throughout that time have shaped the company’s investment philosophy. SEBI has granted Marcellus permission to provide Portfolio Management Services (PMS, SEBI registration number INP000006183) and Investment Advisory (IA) services. The Marcellus Consistent Compounders are our flagship investment product. Services for Portfolio Management (CCP). CCP’s investing approach aims to put money into a small number of substantially moated companies that can generate robust earnings compounding over long periods of time with little volatility. The PMS offers enticing performance-based fee choices that align our interests with the investors. It also boasts one of the most cost-effective cost structures in the PMS market, with no entrance, lock-in, or exit loads.
|Inception Date||1st November 2022|
|Fund Type||Multi Cap PMS|
|Allocated Sectors||Materials, Consumer Staples, Health Care, Information Technology, Consumer Discretionary, Financials, Utilities, Industrials|
|Number of Stocks||35-45 Stocks|
|Multicap Allocation||20-30% Weightage in Top 5 stocks, Small-Midcaps constitute 40-62%|
|Minimum Investment||50 Lacs|
- Exposure to a variety of unrelated factors, such as value and quality
- The capture of performance from smaller businesses. Zero market cap bias
- Rules-compliant semi-annual portfolio rebalancing and review
- Assures portfolio is in line with investment goals
- Keeping portfolio churn in check while routinely buying undervalued stocks
- Method and portfolio construction have been tested over the past 16 years.
- Process of investment over discretion
- Risk-free star portfolio manager
Active monitoring is done to make sure the final portfolio and rules are in line with the investment goals:
- Additionally, they offer an STP (Systematic Transfer Plan) plan that allows customers to space out their investments over a 5-month period.
- Existing Investors can use the Systematic Investment Plan to save and invest in Marcellus Funds regularly.
Several Enduring Guidelines For Successful Investing
Buy Good Companies
- High return on capital
- Solid financial condition
- Clean accounts
At Prices Below Intrinsic Value
- In comparison to the rest of the market, a discount to intrinsic value
- Free cash flow-based intrinsic value
Mitigate Human Biases
- Stay away from behavioral biases
- Process preceding judgment
- Long only portfolio
- No use of leverage
- No use derivatives
- The exclusive forensics framework from Marcellus
Marcellus MeritorQ Approach
- Construction of a portfolio according to rules based on business fundamentals
- Choose reputable businesses that are undervalued compared to the rest of the market.
- Focus on your portfolio, which provides better risk-adjusted returns, rather than just one or two stocks.
- Refresh portfolio every two years, adding undervalued companies.
Using a rules-based strategy in conjunction with Marcellus’ forensic framework
Companies in Large, mid, and small-cap segment
Using Marcellus’ forensic accounting approach, identify accounting red flags
- Low financial leverage
- Consistent profitability
Choose the top stocks based on composite rank.
- Basis value metric
- Semi-annually rebalanced
Fund Management Team
Omkar Sawant, CA
Before joining Marcellus, Omkar worked with a CA firm in statutory audit departments from 2017 to 2020, gaining extensive experience in Indian accounting standards, financial statement analysis, and taxation. Omkar is the Fund Manager of Marcellus’ MeritorQ PMS. He received his BCom from Mumbai University. He holds a certificate in chartered accounting.
Krishnan V R, CFA
Krishnan has almost 10 years of expertise in equities and fixed-income research combined. Before Marcellus, he worked at Morningstar’s New Indexes Development team, developing multi-asset investment products using quantitative criteria. He worked with D.E. as an equities analyst before joining Morningstar. Credit analysts at Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM)’s EM Corporate Debt Team and Shaw & Co. Krishnan hold a PGDM from IIM, Kozhikode, and a Masters in Financial Engineering from Worldquant University.
|Product - AMC||Category||AUM (in Cr.)||Performance||1M||3M||6M||1Y||2Y||3Y||5Y||10Y||SI|
Consient compounderAMC Name: Marcellus Inc Date: Dec-18
Little ChampsAMC Name: Marcellus Inc Date: Aug-19
|BSE small Cap||-2.86||-1.42||10.89||9.63||6.74||22.03||NA||NA||17.65|
Kings CapitalAMC Name: Marcellus Inc Date: Jul-20
Rising Giants - PMSAMC Name: Marcellus Inc Date: Monday, December 27, 2021
Rising Giants - AIFAMC Name: Marcellus Investment Managers Private Limited Inc Date: Aug-21
|BSE 500 TR||-0.61||7.73||17.34||11.34||9.15||NA||NA||NA||11.10|
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.