MOFSL was founded in 1987 with 2 employees as a sub-broking unit with their main focus of customer-first attitude, ethical and transparent business practices, and many more. Today Motilal is a diverse firm that is working on a range of financial products and services such as Private Wealth, Retail Broking and Distribution, Institutional Broking, Asset Management, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Commodity Broking, Currency Broking, Home Finance, etc. Motilal has clients of retail customers, mutual funds, foreign institutional investors, financial institutions, corporate clients, etc. They have more than 44,00,000+ customers across the globe. They make every decision with solid research at present they have 25+ research analysts researching over 250 companies across 20 sectors
|Year of Inception||2021|
|Number of Stocks||15-20|
|Investment Horizon||4 years|
|Fund Managers||Atul Mehra|
Key Investment Framework : Winner Categories, Category Winners
Winner Categories are categories (i.e. sectors) which are –
(1) Expected to grow at least 1.5x nominal GDP growth; and
(2) Consolidated i.e. not too many players to partake of the expected growth.
Category Winners are companies in Winner Categories with:
(1) Entry Barriers / Competitive advantage and
(2) Great Management.
Winning investments are Category Winners
bought at reasonable valuation.
Quality of business x Quality of management
• Stable business, preferably consumer facing
• Huge business opportunity
• Sustainable competitive advantage
• Competent management team
• Healthy financials & ratios
Longevity – of both Q & G
• Long-term relevance of business
• Extending competitive advantage period
• Sustenance of growth momentum
Growth in Earnings
• Volume growth
• Price growth
• Mix change
• Operating leverage
• Financial leverage
• Reasonable valuation, relative to quality & growth prospects
• High margin of safety
About Fund Managers
Atul Mehra, CFA Fund Manager
Atul has over 12 years of experience in equity research and fund management specializing in mid and small cap space, with over 7 years with Motilal Oswal Group.
Before joining Motilal Oswal, he was associated with Edelweiss Capital. Atul is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute, USA and a Masters in Commerce.
Why Motilal Oswal Asset Management
Raamdeo Agrawal Chairman, MOFSL
Chairman and One of India’s Most Respected Investing Minds
• Equity investing is complex. A checklist is an excellent tool to bring discipline to the process.
• The 25 questions here and the 25 related frameworks are a good starting point for an investor to create their own checklist over time.
• Time is a friend of good companies and enemy of bad companies.
• In 25 years, successful companies grow to unimaginable levels in sales, profits and market cap.
• Stock returns are slaves of earnings power and growth. In the very long run, valuations matter less.
• Over 50% of current market cap is made up of listings post 1995.
|Product - AMC||Category||AUM (in Cr.)||Performance||1M||3M||6M||1Y||2Y||3Y||5Y||10Y||SI|
Motilal Oswal ValueAMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Mar-2003
|Nifty 50 TRI||3.7||7.6||6.8||5.10||26.50||18.60||13.80||14.30||17.10|
Focused MidcapAMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Dec 24,2019
|Nifty MidSmallcap 400 TRI||6.00||10.80||10.00||10.00||38.50||28.80|
IOPAMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Feb 15,2010
|Nifty Smallcap 100 TRI||4.70||5.30||-2.00||-13.40||29.00||20.00||1.70||11.00||6.40|
IOP V2AMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Feb 5,2018
|Nifty Smallcap 100 TRI||4.70||5.30||-2.00||-13.40||29.00||20.00||1.70|
BOPAMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Jan 16,2018
|Nifty 500 TRI||4.70||9.10||8.00||6.70||29.40||20.80||12.60|
NTDOPAMC Name: Motilal Oswal AMC Inc Date: Dec 05,2007
|Nifty 500 TRI||4.70||9.10||8.00||6.70||29.40||20.80||13.30||15.30||11.20|
Disclaimer: Investing Involves Risk. This document is for information purposes only and should not be viewed as a legal offering document or solicitation. Offers to invest in this fund are made only by the Discretionary Portfolio Management Services Agreement. Past performance does not guarantee future results and there is no assurance that the managed accounts will necessarily achieve their objectives. We do not guarantee any returns in the hand of investors not we take any sort of accountability for the performance of the scheme. The above-mentioned data is collected from the respected Fund house please verify the same at SEBI website.